Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year 2006

14 minutes to go!! What a weird feeling to be spending the occasion in the room, writing blogg and listening to an Urdu song. Well, this is Islamabad. We arrived from Karachi about five hours ago after a two hours flight on the C 130. Whilst on board we were told that the it was raining heavily in Islamabad and we might be diverting to Lahore. Goodness, that will be something!! Spending New Year's eve at Lahore airport, as I am sure if we do really divert, there will be not enough time to forewarn the local establishment to arrange for our accommodation. Nevertheless, our prayer were answered when we actually landed at Chaklala at 1820. It was indeed raining, but not that heavy. Upon reaching the college, I suddenly realised how hungry I was, as I missed lunch at Karachi. My tummy was upset the whole of the previous night and I actually lost my appetite. Me and my colleague managed to get a car and we went to the local Chinese for Chow Mien dinner. The crowd was getting thicker at F7 as I guessed they were there to usher in the New Year. I was tempted to stay and watch the event and see how the locals celebrate. However it was drizzling and the night was rather cold and miserable. We left after buying bread for tomorrow's breakfast.
Just announced on the local station, that we have just crossed into 2006. HAPPY NEW YEAR and may the new year brings happiness and good health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home