Monday, December 12, 2005

Celoteh Nasi Briyani

Met my steward friend on the way from work (from my earlier posting). He greeted me and said "I am not happy today, because of what you said the other day". I gave no reply and thought "Hmm.... at least I got him thinking". On the move, saw the school bus arrived, dropping off the kids from school. One little girl, maybe about 8, alighted, drop her school bag and water bottle on the grass and ran off with her friends. Her Kadam nonchalantly picked them and headed for home. "hmm...there goes another generation", I thought. Arrived at the apartment, Sarjen is waiting with a hot steaming plate of briyani rice. I said no as I have just eaten. He look bemused and insisted, as though it was my request. I directed him to put in the fridge. You see, two days ago I asked him to teach me to make briyani. I insisted on watching him preparing the briyani. He agreed and this morning before I departed for work, we agreed that the assignment will be done at 1430 today. So when he presented me with that plate of briyani, either he misunderstood my instructions or he must have thought what the hell this Brigadier Saab need to know how to make briyani. He just asked for it... Wassalam..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home