Monday, December 12, 2005

Work Smart

Today, as I walked out of the mess, one of the steward (one with reasonable command of english) that I have befriended asked me “How are you sir?” I said to the negative as I am on my may to the clinic as I am having stomach upset. He continued asking me point blank. “Do you like the people of Capatiland?”. Without hesitation I said “Since you asked directly, I will also answer directly; NO”. He was surprised and after regaining his composure, he continued by saying , “Why? We are hardworking people”. And I said, “Yes, they work hard but not smart”. He is off course a bit confused, but since he has the time I continue with the explanation. So happen there is some work going on at Block F4 and can be observed from the mess. I said “See that work. It is going on almost 2 months. In Blueland, that work will be finished in 10 days. They work hard, but by not working smart, they do the same job two or three time over” “They threw the loose bricks and debris form the top floor to the ground, creating dust and inconvenience and of course that will be another job for them to pick up”. I said “In Blueland, we got rid of the debris through a chute and straight to big container that forms part of a truck. The next time a truck will just come, pick-up the container and cart it away”. “That is to work smart”. I made my points, as he smiled and moved away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home