Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday, Jan 19

Dear Luv
Just now, the telephone line that we have been asking, finally has been installed. Now I can communicate with you using phone cards (please view photo here). This will be a better alternative than the slow and voiceless yahoo stuff. The other day, maxis assured me that you are now international and can call me anytime you want. Masa belum tidur should be nice (memberahikan). Cuma take note the time difference. I miss you...miss you...miss you dearly.
This afternoon I went to the Obmen Valooti at Blue Area to change money. Today we got Rp 59.5 for every one USD. I need the Rp to pay for my trip to Muree and Kasmir this weekend.

Note on Urbanization
Another long day. We had student led Group Research Presentation (GRP) on Urbanization and its Impact on Socio Development. The group did relatively well by outlining the historical aspect and problems in Pakistan. Group also suggested some measures to be taken for the future. As I have written in my earlier blog, Karachi is an example of chaotic urbanization problem in Pakistan. Major problem is caused by the presence of "Kachi Vadis" (Pendatang Haram to us in Malaysia). Finally, a three-pronged strategy was proposed by the Group.
Today I have discussion with the guy from travel agency arranging for our Foreign Tour. The good thing is that, he promised to fulfill my request to fly me back to KL from London. I ask to fly direct, but he may be able to get me back via Frankfurt or Dubai. No complain, though. Berdoa semua beres!!

To my ex-MPAT colleagues - you probably remember the buzz words that were frequently used in the course. Words such as Hegemony, Paradoxical and Aggrandizement were often heard in the hall. Here, apart from hegemony, other common buzz words are Dichotomy, Compulsion and Nexus. In MPAT we always made reference to Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, Kenneth Waltz and Barry Buzan. Here, only two individuals, i.e. Ulama Iqbal and Quaid-e-Azam MA Jinnah. And here in NDC, we are not able to hear Jalal's remark "...from my reading...", or Ku Mat's Kelantanese slang. What a wonderful time we had at MPAT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home