Sunday, January 15, 2006

Celoteh Cuti

One week in KL with the family really helped to bring up my sanity level. I managed to do all the things that I have jotted down in my checklist. Best of all the precious little time spent with the family filled up my "emotional bank account", that hopefully will last for the next couple of months. I had the steam Ikan Bawal like I dreamt and my first breakfast consist of what I missed most - Chok Kodok bilis fried to perfection, with good mug of hot steaming teh tarik (see my photo blog). Eid-Adha was spent in Kuantan and it was indeed a fun time as we performed the Qurban obligations. That night after reciting prayers, we had sumptuous meal of nasi minyak and gulai daging qurban (see my photo blog). Thank you to all the professional and amateur cooks that had pitched in. Tapi raya ni tak sempat berjemaah, sebab we were on the road. We got to leave for Kuantan only in the morning of the Eid, as the day before, abang was having his university semester examination.
Whilst in KL, two news items caught my attention. One is on the ongoing debate on the good and bad side of teh tarik and the other on the usage of handphones in school. To me like anything else that we consume, will be bad if taken too much. I do enjoy an occasional cuppa of this "national drink" but one must know the limit. As the drink is a concoction of sugar and condensed milk - it must be taken in moderation (Pok Ku has written something about this). About the handphone debate, I always wonder why the authorities prefer to implement their decisions and wait for reactions by the public. I thought it is wise to discuss and be debated before implementation!! As it is, the public reactions are understandable as in my opinion handphones in schools does not suit the environment and will have a lot of negative impacts. As I understand, the authorities decided to allow the usage based on requirements by some parents, and done in a haste without further study on their impacts. I have a feeling the decisions, like most of them, will be reversed. Authorities should not make arbitrary decisions, as education for our future generations is of great importance!!. As I read the ongoing debate in yesterday's daily, I also came across a story of using of handphone to recite a prayer for the dearly departed (there was a picture of a lady holding the handphone close to the grave). Looks like handphones has really ruled our life and changed our habit and behavioral pattern. What will they think of next??

2 Comments:

Blogger Justiffa said...

Taufan - its good that u had a great time @ home. like u said, hopefully it'll keep ur spirits up till the next 'recharge' :) couldnt help noticing ur mention of seksyen 7... are u from shah alam then?

stay safe.

4:44 PM  
Blogger besutian said...

RK - We have our house in Wangsa Melawati, the other side of the city. I was in Shah Alam the other night visiting my sister-in-law who resides in Seksyen 7.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home