Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Looking Back 2005

Four days into 2006. Looking back, I may say that for 2005, three events significantly have an impact on me my life. Firstly, was 11 March. Well, on this day I joined the "fifty" club. I thought this was very significant for me as Alhamdulillah, Allah has given me good health, stable job and with it the rezki (tidak mewah tetapi mencukupi) and most of all, having an understanding wife whom I loved very much and two wonderful boys. I am looking positively towards the future hoping for continued blessing from Allah. One thing for sure is, I will strive to be a better person, a better husband and father and also to meet all social obligations.
Secondly, was 23 July. On this day, I left my family in KL for Islamabad. I left them knowing that my dear wife has to learn to play the role of a father and Fadzlan to face his own big hurdle in life, that is the SPM. Of course, I left with the doa to the almighty, for the family's wellbeing. Now, after six months, I felt that my dear wife has passed with flying colours and Fadzlan finished his examination.
Lastly, was 8 October which I considered the most significant. This was the day when Pakistan experienced the worst ever earthquake, registering 7.6 on the Richter scale. For me, the experience was very traumatic as we continued to face after shocks many weeks after that. The total devastation was unimaginable. Well, almost 100,000 perished, most of them are children and the poor and many more were made homeless, Until this day many of the unfortunate are still leaving in tents, facing more hardship as the winter sets in. Allah-o-Akhbar, Allah-o-Akhbar. God is great. This experience reminded me on the greatness of Allah and how helpless all of us against his power. What's important is for all of us to continue striving for the true path, remembering the greatness of Allah.
Let us all pray for our better future, for our family, for all ummah and off course to our beloved nation, Malaysia. Amin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home