Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Decision Making Process

We had free morning today for us to recuperate from the arduous bus ride. At noon we had a lecture by one of the DS (an OR qualified) on Decision Making Process. Good lecture. During the lecture he made reference to the "making of right and wrong decisions" and quip that fighter pilots (he himself being a fighter pilot) make decision "shooting from the hip". During the Q&A, I commented that as fighter pilot we were trained to make quick and impromptu decisions, in both offensive and defensive situations. Sometimes, we do not have the leisure of time on our side. The OODA Loop propounded by Boyd, taught us to make the right decisions in the constraint of time, complete with "what if" options. Fight is very dynamic and fighter pilots need to weigh these options in that little time before loosing the opportunity. The time we ran out of these options, we will be dead.

Did my routine jog this afternoon and thereafter another session at the local gym. I suffered on the scale due to two days of hotel food and Kashmiri kourma. Promised to get rid of that extra kilo by pounding myself a bit more. Will pack gym gear for my next trip to Peshawar. Should be e good trip and looking forward to visit the famous Khyber Pass. Deposit my luggage in the afternoon for our trip to Peshawar. After that, I hopped across to F7 to get myself a pullover (blue in colour - to match my uniform). Need that in case its chilly during the visit. Cost me Rp 700 (about RM 43).

Next blog posting, InsyaAllah will be in three days time. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home