Sunday, February 19, 2006

Relaxing Sunday

Rest..rest..rest. Today is the day of rest, and boy do I need it. It was an exhaustive and high energy past weeks that I had. With the conclusion of the Exercise Qaumi Baqa and presentation of our group research paper on Saturday, I now can take a breather. Not for long anyway, just two days, as on Tuesday we will start our final exercise, that is Blue Star 2.

Last evening I was invited for a feast by our colleague from UAE. It was a feast indeed as we had typical Arabian fare of lamb and flavored rice in a large dulang. The offer was two whole lambs (just for 10 of us) as we bersila and dig in with our hands. Our colleague from Jordan showed us how to break the head, to take out the brain, apparently a delicacy (I decided to miss that part, as I concentrated the part I am familiar; the leg part).

This morning I had a `lamb hangover' and decided to sleep in. Woke up at 9.30 and had some fruit yoghurt for breakfast. At noon, I went for a walk round the naval complex (about 5 km) and decided to stop at the grocery for fruits. For Rp 100 (about RM 6.20), I bought 12 oranges, 2 breakfast fruit yoghurts and a can of condensed milk (picture at left). Not bad.
This afternoon, I will spend some relaxing time, recharging myself, and also catch up with my reading.

Next posting will be a write-up about our group research presentation and I will also attempt to post some pictures of the lamb feast (hopefully the host will bring his thumb drive tomorrow).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home